Call Blasting allows you to set your incoming calls to ring multiple numbers simultaneously, so you can be reached by your caller as fast as possible - without going through a series of different numbers in a sequence. If no phones are answered while Call Blasting is activated, the call will be sent to your voice mail.
Call Blasting options are available within My Account.
Basic Call Forwarding allows you to forward inbound calls to only one telephone number when your phone is busy, when there is no answer, or all the time. Advanced Call Forwarding allows you to forward calls to multiple phone numbers. Call forwarding to multiple telephone numbers can happen in two different ways: Priority-Based or Call Blast calling.
Three Types of Call Forwarding:
- Call Forwarding Always (*72 to activate, *73 to deactivate)
- Call Forwarding Busy (*90 to activate, *91 to deactivate)
- Call Forwarding No Answer (*92 to activate, *93 to deactivate)
To activate Call Forwarding
- Press the appropriate star (*) code.
- Enter the number to which your calls should be forwarded, either within your local calling area or to a long distance number, then press # key.
Note: Any applicable long distance charges on calls forwarded to a long distance number are billed to the Call Forwarding subscriber, not the caller. When you hang up, calls will be automatically forwarded until you deactivate the service.
To deactivate Call Forwarding
- Press the appropriate star (*) code and listen for the automated message indicating the Call Forwarding was deactivated.
- Hang up.
Note: International Call Forwarding is not supported.
Advanced Call Forwarding options are available within My Account.
If your phone does not have a redial button, press *66 to call the last number you dialed. To dial back the last person who called you, simply pick up your phone and dial *69. Your ACN Home Phone Service will dial back the number of your last incoming call.
When you are on the phone, you will hear a series of beeps indicating an incoming call. To accept the incoming call, and put the original call party on hold, press your phone's Flash button briefly (1-2 seconds) or briefly hold down the "hang up" button on your phone. Switch back to the original party by briefly pressing your phone Flash button or "hang up" button again.
Caller ID allows you to see the phone number of the person calling you. For phones that have a built-in Caller ID screen, when a call comes in, you'll hear the phone ring and see the screen display the caller ID information of the caller (if not blocked by the caller).
May not be available in all areas.
Dial the people you call most with just a push of a button! To program a phone number as part of a speed dial list, enter the star code for Speed Dial 8 (*74), followed by the one-digit number (choose from 2-9) you want to assign as one of your eight speed dial choices, followed by the telephone number you want to associate with that speed dial, followed by the # key on your phone.
For example, to assign speed dial code 2 with the number 704-555-1212, dial *74 27045551212 and then press the # key. A message announces the success of the operation. When you want to call the person, simply dial the single digit instead of the entire phone number.
3-Way Audio Calling allows you to have a conversation with two different callers at one time.
- While on a call with the first party, press the flash button on your phone to put your first party on hold.
- You will then receive a dial tone at which time you may dial the second party.
- After the second party answers, depress the flash button on your phone again and all three parties will be joined on the call.
A Virtual Phone Number acts as a secondary phone number for inbound calls to your ACN Home Service number. The Virtual Phone Number can be selected anywhere in US and enables you to have local presence (and phone number) anywhere...allowing friends and family (in your chosen area) to call you "locally."
- Login to My Account.
- Select My Services.
- Select Service Add-Ons, then choose Add Virtual Phone Number.
- Select the State, Area Code, and City from where you would like the Virtual Phone Number located, and then click Buy Virtual Phone Number.
Save time with Voice Connect - when you dial your own phone number from your phone number, your voicemail system recognizes you and takes you directly to the voicemail prompts, bypassing the greeting.
With Voice Connect, you can set another number to use to access your voicemail messages directly and bypass the greeting.
- Login to My Account
- Select My Services (left menu).
- Select My Features.
- Under the Voice Connect section of the page, enter the phone number or numbers you would like to authorize to access your voice mailbox directly.
- Click the Save All (bottom right of the page) to save your changes. Your voice mailbox can now be accessed directly from the number or numbers you have listed on the page.
With ACN Voice Mail, you may access your voice mail from home, away from home, or online!
From Home: Simply call your ACN Home Phone telephone number and enter your 4-digit passcode (initially set to 1234). Follow the prompts to listen to messages, save or delete messages or change your preferences.
Away from Home: Call your ACN Home Phone telephone number. Wait until you hear your voice mail greeting and immediately press * to interrupt. Follow the prompts to listen to your messages.
From My Account: You may log into your online account management portal (My Account) to listen to your voice mails from your computer or mobile phone.
- Once you have successfully entered your username and password, select My Voicemails (left menu).
- Select Voice Mail from the Message Type drop-down menu (top right).
- Your voice mails will appear. Simply select the specific voice mail to listen.
Resetting your Voice Mail Passcode:
- Log in to My Account.
- Select My Services (left menu).
- Select My Features.
- Check the Reset Your Voice Mail Password section of the page, and check the Reset Voice Mail Password box.
- Click the 'Save All' button (bottom right) to make the change.
- Your voice mail passcode is now reset to the default of 1234.
- You can dial into your voice mail to make changes to your personal settings and reset your passcode to something other than 1234.
There are many other options for you ACN Voice Mail found within My Account. Go ahead....look around! And, for a complete voice mail guide, click here.
Changing Number of Rings until Voice Mail Picks Up:
Dial *610. An automated system will request you to dial the number of rings you would like using the key pad. Your voice mail can be adjusted up to 20 rings before the call is sent to voice mail.